We welcome Janelle Anderson and David Lehman for Ep 61! Janelle is the Operations Manager and Chief Compliance Officer at Grand Wealth Management, located in Grand Rapids, MI. The firm manages approximately $600 million and has 13 employees. Matt and Janelle met at a DFA study group in May 2023. David is a financial advisor and the Chief Operating Officer with Wealthbridge Advisors, headquartered in Lake Oswego, OR. Wealthbridge is affiliated with Ameriprise Financial, has 18 employees and manages around $760 million for clients. David has been a member of the COO Society since March of 2023. Janelle and David discuss with Matt how they both juggle dual-title responsibilities at their firms, as well as:
- Their approach to finding and retaining employees
- How they have both impacted culture at their organizations
- Productivity tips to ensure they are getting the most important tasks accomplished each day
- Career paths for Operations staff
- How they have both approached the “Valley of Doom,” made famous by Echelon Partners’ Dan Seivert
We hope you enjoy, share, and subscribe on Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify.
You can read the full transcript here.