Episode 60 marks our 5-year anniversary, and Matt was feeling nostalgic for this conversation with Amber Salzman of Capstone Financial Advisors and Jean Paul Atallah of RZH Advisors. Amber is the Manager of Client Services and a partner of the firm, which is located in Downers Grove, IL, and manages approximately $1.8 billion with 35 employees. She also has her Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional (FPQP®) certification. Jean Paul has spent his entire career in the financial services industry but only joined RZH Advisors about 18 months ago, where he is the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Compliance Officer. The firm is located in Stamford, CT, manages about $1.6 billion, and has 11 employees. Listeners of this episode will realize quickly that Amber and Jean Paul are true students of the industry, and they discuss with Matt different sources and industry groups they rely on for best practices, as well as:
- How they each approached CRM implementations at their respective firms
- The search for the RIA Operations “holy grail” and how they ensure clean data is flowing across their tech stack
- The optimal firm structure for delivering services to their ideal clients
- What strategies they implement to best serve and motivate their employees
- How they both approached the crunch of year-end tasks this year
Here is the Wealthmanagement.com article that Amber mentioned: Growing RIAs Must Focus on Process, Not Technology
We hope you enjoy, share, and subscribe on Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify.
You can read the full transcript here.